Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Feeling is Mutual?

Good morning dear reader(s)!

Something odd happened a couple days ago.  I got angry over the brushing under the rug of a news story, wrote about it in this here blog-type-thing, & had it read by someone other than my mom.  There were actual readers, not reader(s).  Whew!  Glad that's over.  Back to the not so serious lameness I (not you) have come to know and love.  

So if you do not love my lame blog-type-thing, and I do, how is the feeling mutual?  Well maybe I'm not talking about my blog-type-thing when I say that.  Nope, I am not.  I am talking about my dislike for the NBA, & their apparent dislike for me.

What is the NBA?  Well mom, the NBA stands for National Basketball Association.  They are a professional league of basketball teams.  Ever since one game in the 90s, when it appeard to me that the game was thrown so a certain superstar's team would win the Finals on Father's Day instead of before Fathers Day (following the tragic death of said superstar's father), I have decided that I don't like basketball.  Let's not even go into how often said superstar was allowed to travel when everyone else would get called.  To be clear, I am aware said superstar was most likely the greatest anyway, which is why it pissed me off so bad when he got so much help from the refs.  Anyway, long story still long but less so, I haven't much cared for the NBA since.  

So a few years back I'm living in Seattle, and they had this NBA team called the Seattle Supersonics, or The Sonics for short.  They played at Key Arena.  I saw the Foo Fighters play there.  I never once went to see The Sonics play there.  Well, the owner of The Sonics decided to move the team to Oklahoma City & rename them "The Thunder".  I couldn't care less except on the following two points.
1.  I felt bad for people who actually wanted to go see The Sonics play.
2.  I thought (& still do think) that the name "The Thunder" is kinda gay.  (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

So anyway, on with my life, not thinking much about an NBA team leaving a city I was living in.  I move back to Reno, write my blog-type-thing & go about my life.  

Then last night while reading ESPN wishing there was a headline about the end to the NFL lockout, I just happen to see that the Sacramento Kings NBA team most likely is leaving Sacramento.  So wait, I move from a former NBA town to a town with no NBA team but one within a couple hundred miles, & now that team is moving away too?  Hmmm.  Commissioner David Stern must think that having an NBA team so close to me is bad for the sport.  Oh well, I don't like it anyway.  It is just really strange knowing I have such an impact.  

I've been questioning why anyone might want to read my blog-type-thing, follow me on Twitter (@drumwrenn), friend me on Facebook, or stalk me in the traditional way.  I am not a celebrity, politician, celebrity politician, or political celebrity so I almost  gave up on this whole "expressing my opinions and lame jokes" thing.  But the NBA  has decided that I am meaningful enough to move away from, & that is motivation enough to keep me going.  Good news for you!  Okay...news for you.  But good news for me and my boredom level. 

So now I have definitely decided that I owe it to the voices in my head to keep going.  I will seek out truth and justice, no matter how buried under layers of corruption it may be.  Then once I find said justice, I will pervert it because I like it perverted.  Occasionally I will write a blog-type-thing with a strong opinion, a different perspective, and a subject matter of importance, but don't worry, most of the time you will get the same kind of crap as this.  
So until next time my dear reader(s), keep on reading, and I'll keep on writing.  Or don't and I'll keep on writing.  I have to, or else the NBA wins.  

2 comments:

  1. I love you, MAN!!! Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't stop believing! Hold on to that feeeeling!!! hehe. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete